Sunday, June 6, 2010

Bobble Pillow Duvet


Finally finished this project...the bobble pillow duvet. It took MUCH longer than I had anticipated, I've never worked such a highly textured solid stitch before. It also took a lot more yarn than I thought it would, the bobbles are quite pronounced. It turned out better than I thought it would, thanks to those great buttons I had William to make especially for this project. I don't know if it looks better in the living room or bedroom...it's a great compliment to the wood furniture so I know I'll need at least one or two more. I'm loving having such a great button source in my own home! I love it when William is all excited about a new piece of wood and then shows me a button or jewelry that he's made out of it. He has to keep reminding me that I can't have EVERYTHING. I've been good though...only when the current project needs it, and then it's really whatever I want...which is quite inspiring and now there are many ideas that are actually making it to paper right now, so hopefully more new patterns soon.



On another note...Father's Day is this month. William has been busy making cufflinks in many types of wood, my favorites include Ebony, Bocote, Zebrawood, and Osage Orange. He will be offering free shipping for a limited time in the U.S. & Canada. You can find his shop here: http://www.oruaka.etsy.com/.





No comments:

Post a Comment