Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Eve of Thanksgiving


I am actually taking a break from crocheting...crocheting what you ask...scarves of course...tons of them. I have several orders for scarves from work, and possibly a large one coming in from a friend's college classmates (we'll see how that pans out...hopefully good, I could use the extra money this time of year).



Today was pretty nice, I only worked three hours, got my Christmas bonus and went shopping for a few items to make Thanksgiving dinner for me and William. Of course, I'll do the big dinner tomorrow with family, but I decided to cook my own dinner on Friday. My menu includes: Apricot-Glazed Cornish Hens; Cornbread Dressing, Cranberry sauce; Macaroni and Cheese; Carmelized Brussels Sprouts with Sunflowers (don't gag thinking about it, we both love brussels anyway);Yeast rolls; Collard Greens; Yam casserole; Cherry congealed salad and Pecan pie bars. Just typing that I'm thinking that's a lot for me and William, but it's a long weekend so I'm sure it'll be fine. I had to get recipes for just about everything. That tells you how often I cook from scatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment