Sunday, November 14, 2004

Holidays approaching!

I love this time of year. This is my first Fall in my first home, and I love all colors in the leaves, although I didn't realize that I would have so many down in the yard. It sort of looks like a thick autumn quilt on the lawn. I'll get around to it again next weekend, but there are sooo many leaves yet to fall! I sent my Crochetville secret pals (yes two, somehow I must have signed up for two, thinking it was the same one) their first package. I wish it could have been more than what I sent, but money has been so tight since I overdrew my account somehow (I need help for the Ebay/yarn addiction), however, the first gift was quite nice, and included something that they both mentioned enjoying. But I have so many paying custom orders for Christmas that I am not going to worry about it. I plan on sending a much nicer second gift. I am quite good at buying gifts, I love it. I plan on crocheting both of them something also, and perhaps sewing a handy crochet gift also. Not sure, but this time of year is always so exciting for me. I didn't put up a tree last year at the apartment, but I think since this will be my first Christmas in my first house, I should put one up. I'm thinking I may put in my basement studio/den. Me and William spend so much time down there, it's so cozy. I'm feeling all "Bea Smith" and want to decorate the house, which is not really like me, and I'm ready to do that now. I keep telling myself to wait at least until Thanksgiving, I can't become one of those people that I used to mock as I passed their houses in Mid-November, decked out in Christmas decorations....no, I refuse to be one of "them". They have even started playing Christmas music 24/7 on the radio, I secretly listened (which included singing along) on my drive home from work Friday. I'm still thinking of craft ideas for Julia, Journey & Joshua (neices & nephew). They are looking forward to coming over again this year (our little tradition that we started about 2 years ago) for the slumber party, making gifts for their mother, father& grandmother, watching Christmas movies, baking cookies, listening/singing Christmas carols. The oldest is in 3rd grade (I think, that's terrible), the middle is 5 and the youngest is 4. I am thinking of buying a canvas and letting them create artwork, maybe painting a vase or flower pot. I will have to start searching for some good ideas very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment